In this blog post, I’ll compare the three best web hostings Bluehost Vs Godaddy Vs Hostgator.
Bluehost Vs Godaddy Vs Hostgator Head To Head Comparison
We’ll compare the three best web hostings companies on various different factors and choose which web hosting is good for you and why it is so.
Considering the following factors.
- Ease of Use.
- WordPress Optimization.
- Price Factor
Ease of User
Now we’ll discuss the important details of web hosting companies like how easy we can you the hosting companies if we are very beginners, how authentic these companies are, their features, and the unique selling point of these web hosting companies.
Bluehost is the biggest web hosting company in the world, It is an American-based company founded in 2003 and so far over 2 million websites are hosted on Bluehost.
Bluehost is one of the top three web hosting companies which is officially recommended by WordPress.
Features of Bluehost
- Bluehost offers Cpanel which is for beginners and very easy to use.
- Bluehost offers a Free Domain name and SSL in every single plan for 1 year.
- If you don’t satisfy with their service you can easily take a refund from Bluehost within 30 days of purchase.
- Bluehost gives unlimited SSD space and bandwidth in every single plan.
- They have very good customer support, like phone calls, and live chat, and also have guides and tutorials.
Bluehost is the best option for beginners and small startups with minimized traffic.
It is another popular American Based domain registrar and web hosting company, GoDaddy is considered the biggest web hosting company bigger than Bluehost.
Actually, over 77 million domains are hosted and registered on GoDaddy, even though it’s founded back in 1997, GoDaddy has over 20 million customers worldwide.
GoDaddy is popular for domain registration services more than web hosting services.
Features of GoDaddy
- GoDaddy also offers a Cpanel which is beginner-friendly.
- Godaddy offers a Free Domain name and business Email address in every single plan for 1 year.
- You will get 24/7 expert support and a phone call option.
- It also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee if you don’t like their services.
GoDaddy is an option to host your site apart from the domain registration service but web hosting is not popular as domain registration.
is another popular web hosting company that started in 2002 and now more than 2 million sites are hosted on Hostgator.
The interesting fact is that Hostgator and Bluehost are both web hosting companies owned by the same company Endurance International Group.
Features of Hostgator
- Hostgator offers a Free Domain name and SSL Certificate in all plans for 1 year.
- Unlimited SSD Storage and Bandwith in all plans.
- You’ll also get a $100 Credit on Google Ads for free.
- You’ll get 24/7 customer support on live chats and also get a helpful knowledge base.
- Also, you’ll get a 45-day money-back guarantee.
Hostgator is best for established websites.
Now we will discuss the performance of these web hosting from different aspects of web hosting companies which are most important for any website.
Considering the following factors.
- Loading Speed
- Uptime Guarantee
- Feature for improving Uptime and Loading Speed
These are the most important factors in any kind of web hosting service because your hosting is the most important aspect to determine how fast your website will load and what will the uptime of your website.
A good web hosting company will give you a good loading speed and uptime which helps you to increase your ranking on google and other search engines and also get more conversions and sales for your business.
A 100 milliseconds delay in load time can cause conversion rates to drop by 7% so the loading speed is the most important factor that you should not ignore.
Bluehost Speed And Uptime
Bluehost ensured that it would provide you a 99.9% uptime guarantee, when the real test was conducted, the results were similar to 99.9%.
The uptime result was average on Bluehost in 12 months periods was 99.96% you should learn the fact that no web hosting company on the internet will provide you 100% uptime because there will a lot of things involved like maintenance of servers etc.
When it comes to the loading speed of Bluehost, the average server response time of Bluehost shared hosting is 688 ms.
Some additional features Bluehost offers to their users to improve the performance of websites.
- It uses SSD Storage
- It has advanced caching enabled
- It gives free Cloudflare CDN
- Latest PHP version for websites
- It has an HTTP2 system while loading
GoDaddy Speed And Uptime
The average server response time and Uptime of GoDaddy in 12 months periods is 531 ms 99.64% you can check here.
Features that GoDaddy offers to enhance the performance of websites.
- The latest version of PHP
- It has CDN that increases the speed
Hostgator Speed And Uptime
Hostgator server’s uptime in 12 months periods is 99.93% and the average server response time for 12 months is 734 ms.
Features that Hostgator offers to enhance the performance of websites.
- It uses Cloudflare CDN
- It uses SSD storage
There are a lot of factors that determine website loading speed other than servers.
- HTML, CSS, JS filer minification
- Image size and format
- Themes and Plugins of the website
So now we will compare different features of WordPress optimization for different websites and the following web hosting companies that have the features in their web hosting plans.
|One Click Installation||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|WordPress Security features CDN, DDoS protection, SSH Access, Backup, etc.||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Managed WordPress hosting service for website performance||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Free Staging area to make a website without letting your website live by creating a clone of your website||✔️||❌||❌|
Now you know the different features of different web hosting companies and WordPress optimization.
Now let’s have a look at the different plans and pricing of these web hosting companies.
Bluehost sells different types of web hosting services like Shared Web Hosting, WordPress Managed Hosting, E-commerce Web Hosting, VPS Web Hosting, and Dedicated Hosting.
But now we will discuss the Shared Hosting prices of Bluehost because it is the most popular and widely used for its Shared Hosting services.
In their Shared hosting, there are 4 different plans you can purchase hosting for three different time periods one year, two, or three years at a time you can not purchase Bluehost for monthly plans.
Bluehost Shared Hosting Plans
- Basic Plan 2.95/m
- Plus Plan 4.95/m
- Choice Plus Plan 5.45/m
- Pro Plan 13.95/m
You will get more benefits by choosing a bigger hosting plan at a low cost if you purchase for a long period of time at once.
GoDaddy offers different types of web hosting plans other than that it offers a domain registrations service which is more popular than web hosting services.
You can buy different web hosting plans like Shared Hosting, E-Commerce Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Managed WordPress Hosting.
We will discuss only shared hosting plans and pricing, in shared hosting, there are 4 different plans, you can purchase hosting from 1 month to 10 years period at a time.
GoDaddy Shared Hosting Plans
- Starter 3.99/m
- Economy 4.49/m
- Delux 7.49/m
- Ultimate 8.49/m
Hostgator also offers different types of hosting plans like Shared Hosting, VPS Hosting, Dedicated Servers, Cloud Hosting and Applications, and Windows Hosting as well which is not present in the 2 hosting companies on this list.
Hostgator also has 3 different plans in shared hosting you can purchase hosting on a monthly basis or every 3 and 6 months or 1 or 2 years at a time.
Hostgator Shared Hosting Plans
- Hatchling Plan 2.75/m
- Baby Plan 2.50/m
- Business Plan 5.25/m
Bluehost Vs Godaddy Vs Hostgator Which is their Winner?
After doing an analysis of different web hostings companies, I would like to choose Bluehost
As the better option compared to the 2 other hostings on this list.
Reasons why Bluehost is better than other hostings
- Bluehost is recommended by WordPress
- Bluehost offer Managed WP Hosting
- Bluehost is quite good with speed and uptime
- Bluehost is easy to use and also offers Cpanel and website builder
- Overall Bluehost is the Best value for money for beginners and it provides extra features like free domain and unlimited storage.
The other hosting companies on the list have some important issues.
- Bad customer support especially in GoDaddy
- No Stagging Site
- Not really good value for money compared to the price and features
That’s why I recommend starting a blog with Bluehost.